Wednesday, June 8, 2016

New Gwen Marston Online Classes!


"Red Square VI" by Gwen Marston, 2008


I was asked to review Gwen Marston's new "Abstract Quilts in Solids" class on iquilt.com
It's great!  


By Gwen Marston

This is one of two classes taught by Gwen on iquilt.com.  The other one is "Liberated Quiltmaking."
As many of you know, Gwen will retire from teaching next year.  
But we can take these classes forever!

So, if you've always wanted to take a class from Gwen and you've never had the opportunity, here it is!  

Click here to sign up!


Here is my review of the "Abstract Quilts in Solids" class.

Wonderful! It's almost like Gwen is working with you personally in your own sewing room. In her characteristic warm, clear and sometimes humorous style, Gwen shows you many of her tricks to making lively and beautiful improvisational quilts. Beginners and advanced quilt makers will learn how to make their quilts more artistic, exciting and playful with "little experiments" that Gwen shows you how to do. She demonstrates how to "liberate" traditional blocks, add odd angles, and create curves with ease. She also talks about choosing colors and designing as you go. Excellent class! Thank you!


 Here's an abstract quilt in solids that I made in 2011,
totally inspired by Gwen and her methods.
"Ode to Anna Williams" by LeeAnn Decker, 2011




18 comments:

Karen said...

I need to check out the class info. Sounds so very interesting.

Monica said...

This is timely, with the Gwennie medallion in full swing. Good to know, thank you, LeeAnn!

Brenda said...

I just signed up for the real thing at the AQS show in Chattannooga in September! it will cost a bit more than an online class ;)

smazoochie said...

This is exactly what I've been wishing for!

apiecefullife said...

How I would like to do a class with Gwen. Maybe online is my best chance.

Sharon said...

I haven't seen it yet, but I can only imagine how great it is. Gwen has inspired and trained SO many of us. Did you know she is having an exhibition Jan - March 2017 at La Conner? I also am excited to see her newest book.

Anonymous said...

great to know about these classes and Gwen Marston's upcoming LaConner show. I love your abstract quilt based on her class!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have registered for both of Gwen's online iquilt classes - the liberated baskets/log cabins class is also very good. Taking a class with her has been on my bucket list for years and, I still can't believe it, but now I have two online classes AND I'm registered for an all day class with Gwen at AQS Chattanooga in September. SO very excited!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

How wonderful - online classes! I must look into this.

Janie said...

Great idea and opportunity, I agree.

Kaja said...

Thanks for the pointer - I didn't know about these.

Annemieke said...

Aha, this is my chance!!! Thanks for posting and reviewing.
Groetjes
Annemieke

Quilting Stories said...

Thank you for the link. Gwen Marston's quilts are very interesting but yours are just fantastic!

Mego said...

Thanks for THIS...the classes look great. Hey! You didn't happen to be having dinner at the Sand Point Grill Sunday night were you? If not, it was your twin!!!

Diane said...

Gwen is a lifelong inspiration to so many including myself! Her quilts are so unique and wonderful. And I love yours in blue!

Rachaeldaisy said...

How brilliant that Gwen's teaching will continue through her classes!! Gwen really has a special magic and a generous heart and spirit that makes her a wonderful teacher.
I love seeing your quilts !!

Swedish Scrapper said...

This looks line a wonderful opportunity! I've been looking at that class. Your Gwen inspired quilt is striking-- what a way to use solids!

Assignment Consultancy said...

I liked your blog very much it is very interesting and I learned many things from this blog which is helping me a lot.

Assignment Writing Help